Longier 3.2m rollfed printer arrives in UK

Quality Print Services (QPS) has started shipping a new roll-fed wide format printer into the UK from the Chinese company Longier.

The Longer Hunter RU3200 is a 3.2m wide roll fed machine with LED UV curing.

The Longier Hunter RU3200 is a 3.2m UV LED roll-to-roll printer. It uses Ricoh Gen5 printheads with variable-sized droplets, which can produce resolution of up to 600 x 1,200 dpi while producing around 80sqm/hr. It prints CMYK as standard and there are options for white ink and varnish.

The first unit has already been installed at WAE Group, based in Leeds, which already operates a Longier FP3750 LED flatbed printer. WAE’s RU3200 has been specially adapted to print unbacked mesh banners and fabric graphics

Paul Austin, WAE Group’s Managing Director, said he was drawn to the energy-efficiency and sustainability offered by the Longier’s UV LED-curing technology. He added: “We’ve had minimal problems and those have been rectified very quickly – which is refreshing after experiencing long waits to sort things out from other service companies in the past.”

As it happens, a couple of years ago I tested a Longier FR3750, which is the standard flatbed printer, but with a roll feeder option built in. It was a fairly basic machine, but it produced quite good results for a relatively low price and was easy to use. Longier itself is based in Changzhou City, near Shanghai, having been set up in 2011 by Dan Wu who had previously developed the TS series of printers at Teckwin. Although they’re sold in the UK through QPS, these printers are actually imported into the UK by Gary Hall of Hallmark Equipment Service, who opted to match the printers with Nazdar ink, which seemed to produce very good results.




Syndicate content

You can license the articles from Printing and Manufacturing Journal to reproduce in other publications. I generally charge around £150 per article but I’m open to discussing this for each title, particularly for publishers that want to use multiple stories. I can provide high res versions of images for print publications.

I’m used to working with overseas publishers and am registered for VAT with the UK’s HMRC tax authority but obviously won’t charge VAT to companies outside the UK. You can find further details and a licensing form from this page, or just contact me directly here.

Support this site

If you find the stories here useful then please consider making a donation to help fund Printing and Manufacturing Journal, either as a one-off or a repeat payment. Journalism is only really useful if it’s truly independent and this is the only such news source serving the print/ manufacturing sectors.

However, there are costs involved in travelling to cover events, as well as maintaining this site, not to mention the time that it takes to carry out research, check facts and interview people. So if you value this work, then please help to maintain it and keep it free to read.


Never miss a story – subscribe to Printing and Manufacturing Journal to receive an email notification every time an article is published here. It’s completely free of charge and you can cancel the subscription at any point without any hassle. There’s no need to provide any information other than an email address and subscribers details are not for sale so there’s no risk of any further marketing spam.

Related stories


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *